Frantsila Organic Herb Farm located in the heritage landscapes of Hämeenkyrö specialises in cultivating herbs. Its guiding principles can be summed up as ”natural holistic care of the person and respect for the nature”.
Its Centre for Well-being, aiming at giving the visitors renewed energy to cope with the pressures in their lives and an opportunity to pause and relax, is located at the heart of the organic farm surrounded by verdant countryside.
Surroundings and activities
An ideal place to stay round the year (in the summer, additional accommodation in the outbuildings or camping) and a great setting for naturopathic treatment breaks or weekend courses. The courses focus on such themes as yoga, naturopathic treatments, vegetarian diet, herbal medicines, positive resources and acupressure. The herb shop ”Taikapalsami” sells 200 different herbal products.
- For pre-booked groups meeting facilities, lectures, treatments, pampering in herb or peat saunas.
- mainly organic vegetarian buffets and accommodation for groups of 30+ people.
- In addition to herbal products, the vegetarian restaurant Kehäkukka (”Marigold”) offers displays of local crafts, and the visitors can walk around a garden of cooking and medicinal herbs (on Road 3).
- Nature walks and heritage trips to the Museum Cottage of Koskela (30 km) can also be organised.
- Train: Railway station in Tampere, 40 km.
- Bus: Bus stop in Hämeenkyrö, 4 km (visitors can be collected).
- Motorists/cyclists: From Tampere, drive towards Vaasa for 40 km. In the centre of Hämeenkyrö village, turn left following signpost to ”Kyröspohja 3”.
Opening times and prices
- Open: for groups round the year (reservation, 2 weeks), individual visitors in the summer, in the winter accommodation only.
- Prices: please visit our website.